The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Passion of the Church


passion Posted by Hello

I used to feel like I had so much to offer. Almost like one day, the world would experience this theatrical unveiling of myself coming "out of the box" as Tonex would put it. I would sit in my dorm room and htink to myself, " 'all of creation is waiting with earnest expectation for the revealing of the sins of God'...hey that's me!" I never knew when it was or what it was, and now I wonder if there ever was a was. What is it now that I have to look foward to: The average life of a female Christian layperson? Is it the annual church conference that TD Jakes is going to be at? The hopes that one day I may get lucky enough to marry above average? What was it that kept me going all those years, standing in the face of adverse situations and laughing at its' folly? What drives those of us who wake up in the morning with tears still in our eyes from the night before, but saying, "THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE!" It's hope. It's the hope that has us consider that there is more to our lives than our present circumstances. Where is this hope that I once treasured? It's buried in the sea of dissapointment of times past. Was supposed to happen, but never happened. "This is the day that the Lord has made!!" Happened, but slapped you in the face when it did. "This...is...the...day that the Lord." Came but left. "This...is...the...day." Transpired but failed. "This...is...(KA-PLUMP). Hope: The one ingredient it takes to create drive. What then was Christ's Passion? Us. A heightened hope and anticipation that we would be free and take our rightful places as heurs to the kingdom. An expectation that one day Khristi's hpe would be in Him. How sad that I have thus far managed to rob Him of even that. So what I hope now is not that i'll be standing on that platform in my 5-inches having the congregation all up on their feet shouting "Amen!" It's not that i'll travel the world one country at a time with ante rage of armor bearers. It's not even that my pastor husband will one day make it on TBN set. My hope is that the same passion passion Christ had for me, I would have for Him in return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home