The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Doctrine of Doctrine

Doctrine. What an interesting ideology that causes divisions so gargantuan that it has the ability to destroy marriages and friendships. Doctrine. Clever little tactic used by the Fallen himself in all of his perversion, especially against the Body and especially within this last century.
The Doctrine of eternal security.
The Doctrine of the passing away of spiritual gifts with the "last apostle".
The Doctrine of infant baptism.
The Doctrine of women preachers.
The Doctrine of speaking in tongues.
The Doctrine of tithing.
The Doctrine of pews vs. chairs.
The Doctrine of church hats and wave caps.

What are we to make of these things? I supposed this idea of the doctrine of doctrine.Colossians 3:1-3
"Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

note: Khristi's personal doctrinal stance on these issues not available for public viewing.

Father, in the midst of the Body there's a right and a wrong.
I, too, long to know the right from the wrong.
I long for the yes as apart from the no,
for the way to the kingdom is through the narrow.
My heart is now weary, my judgement made leary,
for the doctrine of theory is plaguing my soul.
Your word was sent to diminish the faction,
but Your words have been bent to fraction.
Lead me to glory. Lead me to You.
Lead me not to temptation or dazed and confused.
The Word is my light and the Spirit my guide,
the prayer in my closet,
In You I Confide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home