The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Monday, August 06, 2007

Is it me?


Is it me, or is My Super Sweet Sixteen the signs of the times? Parents splurging thousands (and I mean thousands) of dollars on renting out clubs that most of them legally should never see the inside of until the 2012 presidential election. They skulk about bossing around top fashion designers and music moguls demanding that things be done the way they want it or else? Or else what? Unbelievable. God forbid something goes awry. “So mom, what do you think about this dress? Are my breasts out too much?” And what about the grand super surprise at the end? They tell Michael and his guests to step outside. It’s a brand new Range Rover! Make sure you drive home safely, seeing that you’re only sixteen and only have a permit. Take a good look ladies and gentlemen. These are the future.

2 Comments:

  • well Im past the 16 yr old age... but im still having a SUPER SWEET BDAY BASH! Why? Because if the kids of the future are being spoiled and bratty.. then I should get a small taste of this childhoold rite of passage at the prime age of 25. Hello adulthood!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • It's unfortunate that I will be there with bells on, endorsing such behavior.

    By Blogger Khristi Lauren, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home