The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Thursday, November 22, 2007

The "Too Single" Crew: Hot and Home for the Holiday's...Literally


Ashlee has turned over a new leaf. Well, she’s trying to at least. No more mean, arrogant, evil, mob boss, snide and rude men. Those guys are SO not sexy. She’s going to try “Nice” out for a while. “Nice” has been lurking around for a while now. He’s nice, sweet, faithful, driven, polite, loyal, a man of God….you know….everything that used to repulse her not too long ago. Boy is she trying to suck it up, but Boy is his niceness sure annoying. She is thankful however this holiday to be loving and living life, freer than she has been in a long long time.

The good news is he’s still Single and Fabulous...and getting cuter and richer by the day. But he heard a sermon last week and thinks his life is changed. “When are we as singles going to be able to put God in a love song and actually mean it? And to be able to truthfully say that no one will be able to get in the way of our relationship with God?”
Let’s just say I’ll never listen to Alicia Keys’ “No One” the same ever again.
“I am burning a bunch of old flames and the world is full of possibility!” Jessie is the optimist of the group. If we didn’t love her for it, we’d hate her for it.


This is the time of the year when all her family constantly calls her Chloe and never corrects themselves. “Hand me that fork over there Chloe.” “Come here for a minute uhhh…uhhh…Chloe.” As long as they’re mistaing her for her little sister, they’re not asking her why she “don’t have no boyfriend.” But while Khristi doesn’t have a “boyfriend”, she has decided to give “Nice” a try too and “Nice” sure has done a good job of sweeping her off of her feet. He’s not at all anything that she expected. He’s much better.
Kim is a little too educated to enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday. The whole idea of feeling obligated as a woman to join the other women in the kitchen while the men watch football all day sends cringes up her spine. She can’t help but get flashbacks to centuries of patriarchy. At any rate she sucked it up and left early this morning to head to Cleveland. But not without first spending the day with her Nigerian Love, the great “Prince Amecca” and showing him her lovely new weave. Prince Amecca is so much of a prince in fact that he’s supposed to be taking the entire group of “too single” ladies out to dinner...ON HIM. I think I’m in love too.

INBOX from Latosha 2:45pm:
“going to my aunts in south jersey for thanksgiving. Trust me, when you hear the story about my love life you won’t want to blog about it. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

Not sure if I should be scared…


“It’s like I’m going full circle.”
And she is.
Spending the [Thanksgiving] Holiday with another lucky young buck, but this time with a twist. She’s spending the holiday with an old flame. Well he was more like an old candle. Not sure what this Ebonee and Ivory Thanksgiving will hold, but I’m very curious what kind of seasoning it’ll contain. Maybe they'll go together in perfect harmony. Who knows?

1 Comments:

  • let's add this part in: met a guy I almost dated in high school all over again over thanksgiving and his dimples and sarcasm make me swoon a lil' bit. :) BUT I remain pretty in love with single and plan on staying that way till at least graduation.

    oh and....optimist? I am optimistic about you stunning ladies, but for myself, I think I waffle between that and terribly cynical (see my blog entry last week about weddings----yikes)

    By Blogger Jessie, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home