The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Monday, October 11, 2004

Non-Bias huh?

DID ANYONE SEE THE PBS SPECIAL ON THE LIVES OF C.S. LEWIS AND SIGMUND FREUD???

AND WHAT ABOUT THAT ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION? I couldn't see the difference than if the CS Lewis/Freud roundtable consisted of a bunch of Bishops and Archbishops of the the Roman Catholic Church. It was completley bias. I can see why it could have deceived a large mass into believing it was so. But, to discuss the life of CS Lewis and then not include at a roundtable discussion a SINGLE Christian academician, is devastating! It was like someone actually put some thought into not including one. "How about including some die-hard athesists to represent the view of Freud and some Borderline God believers to kinda represent Clive Staples." It was a crime! I feel like I was robbed of the opportunity to finally experience an impartial conversation among rational thinkers and then KA-PLUMP...dissapointment slaps me in the face.
Well, let me rephrase a bit. I would have liked to see some seminary professors and theologians who have done studies and reasearch and who could simply share experiences. Were there thesists being represented? I couldn't tell in the midst of the atheistic eclipse of intellectualism. I'm simply saying that modern day Freud's were amply being represented, but modern day Lewis's were watching from home. They weren't at that table.
I enjoy good conversation and if that's all that those Wednesday nights were to consist of then I would be satisfied. However, to call it a roundtable discussion of the lives of these unique individuals with unique philosophy's and not have proper representation from both sides...that's absurd. Let's not forget the moderator randomly shooting out topics. They might as well been set up in a boxing ring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home