The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A New Chapter

...And then all of a sudden I realized….”What a perfect vacation.” Not because everything that happened on the trip was perfect. But because everything that happened on the trip wasn’t perfect. I was ready…I was prepared for the perfect vacation. In my mind I had the perfect vacation all planned out. How it should go and exactly what should happen. And I was disappointed when I got here and realized that the vacation wouldn’t go as I had planned. It was troubling. And comforting. And confusing at times. And fun. And lonely. And exciting. It was everything that I needed it to be. It was perfect. The good. The bad and the ugly…perfect. It was my life. It was my career. It was my relationships. I don’t think I’ll use the phrase, “nothing’s perfect” anymore. This trip has given me a newfound sense of hope. Things are perfect. Perfectly designed for our imperfect selves. To make us better…to make us whole. And now that I (in spite of my imperfect self) have chosen to open myself up to perfection, I am closing this chapter in my blog and starting a new one. I'm not saying this is goodbye. Just....see you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home