The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

God I Hope He's Saved.

God, I hope he's saved.
"I remember the first day of classes at College. I was on my way to class and there was this guy walking up the street who seemed kind of cute. At first I was behind him so I really couldn't get a good look at him, so I gracefully picked up the pace a bit …I noticed that somebody was behind him and eventually turned around … That's when I got a better glance at him. He was gorgeous!!! The first thing that I thought was, "He is too pretty, He must be Gay!"We ended up walking in the same building and ended up in the same class. I went to this class everyday in hopes of getting to know him better, to see whether or not he was Gay, but more importantly to know if he was Saved. One day he smiled and said hello and from then on we started a casual friendship … f course I was a bit uneasy because I really wanted him to be at least a "little" saved so I wouldn't feel like a little 'heathen!' "… Shante

God I hope he's saved.
"Okay, so. I'm at Enterprise, right and I was writing a customer up. This guy walks in and I always see him around the lot, but I've never seen him come in the store. Well he was returning a car cause he rented one this weekend. I went up to him and he looked at me and I said, "Hi, how you doin?" I introduced my self and I said "My name is Ebonee", and he said his name was whatever it was cause I don’t even remember. You always see cute guys, but there's a difference when you see someone that you're actually drawn to. There was an attraction there. I really wanted to talk to him a little more, get to know him. The way he looked, the way he smiled…he was a cutie. If he was saved and not married with no kids…it'd be on." Ebonee

God, I hope he's saved.
So there's this guy at the gym. He is like, the definition of attractive. I can't deal with the whole "a monet" thing so I'm totally okay with seeing him from afar. But today, today he smiled at me. And today, today he talked to me. And I am like so sprung cause he is like, so the bomb. Yeah, yeah, yeah,…is he saved? But come on, how will I ever know the answer to that question if I don't slip him my number? Khristi

God I hope he's saved.
So I started this new job and it was cool. One of my new co-workers was introducing to all the other coworkers and all of a sudden I saw this fine young specimen of a man. Goodness, drop dead gorgeous... nice smile...sweet...just a woman's dream. I tried playing it cool; not really making mself known, trying to keep some mystery to who I was. Then one day I had to take some items back to where he was and we ended up talking. It was perfect. He was everything I wanted in a man and from that day it was on. He came out and gave me his number, so we talked and tried keeping all this under wraps while at work. I mean the guy was everything that a girl could want, yet despite all that, in the back of my mind was looming the obvious question.... is he saved? Lord God, please say he saved, for my sake. If not then this is just pure temptation. As I constantly would say to myself, "and lead me not into temptation..." Fulei

God I hope he's saved.
i've become very good friends with a guy from college who's problem is that he claims that he loves me as more. Besides the fact that he's got a girlfriend of 4 yrs, he not saved...he claims that he has a relationship w/ God, praying, etc....but he wont step inside a church since he has had bad experiences....what makes it worse is that my family loves him and loves having him around like he is a significant other......I of course have put my foot down defining the word "friendship", but its hard when your best guy friend has all the qualities you need and want in a husband.....except for being single...and oh yeah, that "saved" thing.... Eleith

- (Girl, he still go with her?...we need to talk.)

God I hope he's saved.
"You know what the bad thing is, I knew he wasn't. We met at school and we started talking and before we knew it we really liked each other. He said he read the bible, but his actions didn't show, but my feelings were so involved. He was fine! I loved being in his company. Therefore we just nevere talked about religion. And sadly, I was okay with that." Sue.

God I hope he's saved.
So yeah there is this one guy, who I have known all my life, grew up together, went to the same school, church, and all...never paid me any mind..but believe me when I say he took up a lot of space in my Frontal Lobe..lol. But now after nearly 20 years of existence..he finally approaches me with some interest. It was all good when I was attracted and had a crush on him, but now that he is interested in me I'm like....(ummm...ok????) Hesitant, quiet, and a mess. As I stated before he was a member of my church back home..but now that he is older he is doing his own thing. We tend to have conversations about Christ, church, and the whole 9, it is evident that he is a believer, meaning that yeah he believes in Jesus Christ..but is he walking?...now that's a different story... Tamarah

God I hope he's saved.
"During my senior year in high school, I would always bump into this guy around 5th period. You talking hot, the brother was the real deal. He always had on an outfit that looked like he just came out of Macy's or Nordstrom's. Never thought I could talk to him, until he came up to me and started talking to me. We became friends, then started chillin out. Did I ask if he was saved? Nope. I thought I could examine it by his actions. He was the most heart-felt person I had ever met and was not saved. I really felt I could not ask because I thought he would think less of me. Did I try to ask him? Nope. I just hoped he was." Leah

1 Comments:

  • Wow, this is a flashback....sadly 4 yrs later after you wrote this, nothing has changed...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home