The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Monday, March 28, 2005

Bad Ideas (Top 5)

5. The Hotpockets commercial where the boy informs his mother that he has a baseball game that is about to start. At the end, they show him in uniform with a pepperoni Hotpocket in hand, about to start his game. Not only is it bad to eat before a game, but Hotpockets is about the furthest thing from a healthy snack for an athlete. If I were the coach, I would bench him and fine his mother for such a stupid move.

4. JJ Reddick not wearing socks...particularly when playing basketball. Personal superstitions are only acceptable when sanitation is present.

3. Heather Locklear’s “career move” to choose NBC’s LAX over Desperate Housewives. Desperate Housewives averages over 30 million viewers every Sunday and LAX is about one show from cancellation. Granted, working with Blair Underwood would just about guarantee a pleasant day at work, but still.

2. Take 5 Candybar. “If You Like Pretzels, Caramel, Peanuts, Peanut Butter And Creamy Milk Chocolate All In One Candy Bar.Then This Is The Candy Bar For You.” Yeah. And I also like pizza, potato chips, strawberries and Jello, but not all mixed together.

1.Mucinex’s infamous, Mr. Mucinex.
What about characterizing mucus was a good idea? I get nauseous every time I watch a commercial. Which completely distracts me from finding out what the actual product is all about; I mean...I know it has something to do with my nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home