The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Monday, March 21, 2005

The Misfit from Santa Rosa

What can I say about Pastor Matthew? I can confidently, honestly say that I have never, ever in my life met anyone like this man before. I'm sure my two confidants that came along with me this week would agree, so I am not just saying this as one person. Never. It almost makes you wonder, why it almost seems as if he's been hidden away because it's perplexing why 1 out of every 10 people have not heard of him. Let me explain:
-He has this way of exerting authority without even having to physically exert authority, if you know what I mean.
-He's not churched, meaning, he's more of a misfit, if you know what I mean.
-He probably has the most understanding about ministry than I've ever seen from anyone ever.
-He is one of the boldest people, if not the boldest person that I've ever met.
-And when all is said and done, he's astoundingly the most humble and down to earth person that I've ever met in his position.

His announcement to the board this week was bold. It was awe-inspiring. It was simply that it was time for the LHWE to be launched. And how awesome. For this person to carry around a testimony and a ministry within himself of this magnitude for so long to say 7 years later; It's time. That's patience and obedience and faith.

I don't say this as some hypnotized religious groupie waiting to jump on the bandwagon. If you know me at all you'd know it's not my style. I don't say this to put him on a pedestal of pride, because truth be told if he even read this blog at all he'd make me delete this. I am saying this because I want to share with you all what I believe will soon be shared with you by another. And I just wanted to be the first to tell you.

P.S.- "A Time to Heal" Sexual Healing Conference - Philadelphia, June 2005 -
Matthew C. Manning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home