The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Khristi World News

**I know I sound awfully ungrateful, but I realize there was a time when I would be excited about going to any part of California, but it seems as if this time, all I can think about is how I wish I was going to Los Angeles instead of San Fran. But i’ll have my opportunity this summer if Kai ever gets around to telling me when her CD recording is.

**I’m back to my old habits of wanting to quit my job everyday. The interesting thing is that I have a great job with a pretty good salary. Most of the time I just want to quit because someone is getting on my nerves. But come on, that’s no reason to search aimlessly through the classifieds.

**Teaching my class has been interesting. I haven't been able to focus in on establishing a consistent curriculum for this class as much as I did for the last one. I feel bad. I'm so busy, it's like I don't even get around to thinking about it until the day I have to teach. I mean, they say they're enjoying it. But, as a teacher and one who aspires to be a career professional professor, I can not be slacking in what I have not yet mastered.

**The Picasso play is going a whole lot better than expected. I’m having a great time at rehearsals. I have one more monologue to tackle through memorization and i’ll officially be off book. Show goes up in about a month. But, since I was only doing this for experience and to help me with the Once Upon a Dream production, production dates and times will remain anonymous.

**Speaking of Once Upon a Dream, my motivation for this project has become inconsistent. I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing or an expected thing. I attribute most of this to the 16 more months we have until production. But, our first full board meeting is on Tuesday. Hopefully, that’ll stir me up.

**DLG Productions (Daddies Little Girls) is officially a NJ non-profit organization, in which Once Upon A Dream is our first official production. I have yet to grasp the full vision of what it is God desires to do with us, but i’m sure if I stopped my sulking and complaining for a few moments, i’d realize the magnitude of it.

**I spent time in Harlem this past weekend with an old friend. We spent so many years in college hating each other, I forgot how cool she was. Now I wonder, if we had never split apart, how much more fun would I have had those last two years?

**I got a full tuition grant to Princeton (Seminary), which leaves me very little room for excuse if by chance I wanna bail. Now if I can just get a little more money, maybe I can move on campus. No not maybe. Maybe is not an option. I Must Move.

**I am so disgusted with Div. 1 women’s college basketball. There is nothing exciting about the league this year and worst of all, no one exciting. The Associated Press can’t figure out who’s number one probably because there is no number one. There’s only one play (Matee Ajavon) on Rutgers that’s playing organized basketball and everyone else (Pondexter included) looks like they’re in Rucker Park, playing street ball with the guys, Connecticut can’t figure out who’s playing point, and somehow Temple (no offense to my school) has made it into the top 20.

**I am a semi-finalist in poetry.com’s $1,000 and $10,000 poetry contest. I didn’t submit the poem thinking i’d get that far, but now that I think about it, i’m glad. I submitted “Remember Lori”, a poem about a friend of mine who passed in November. If I win, I was thinking about giving some to her husband. Yeah, i’d probably do that.

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home