The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Friday, February 25, 2005

Mistaken Identity

We were married young. I remember feeling like it was something that we all had to do. It was our life. I didn’t know much about it...marriage that is. I knew based on other marriages around me. Some of them failed, but some remained together. I loved Him because I was reminded time and time again about just how much He loved me. And someone also told me that He’d never leave me or hurt me or betray me. And I believed them, so I believed Him.
Then I got left.
Then I got hurt.
Then I was betrayed.
What hurt the most was that I believed it. I believed Him. I stayed with Him though. But afterward, it was evident that we both had separate lives. I was stuck. And I wanted out.
There was a stranger in my house.
So I mentally divorced Him. But I remained religiously committed to the motions. But I remember that night. That night I heard Him for the first time not coming through someone else.
“Intimacy”.
“What?”
“Intimacy”.
“Huh?”
“In-to-me-see”.
And we became one. And we were finally married. And I finally realized. This was more than any one person could ever tell me or show me or preach to me.
My Husband was not a stranger. My Husband was not my enemy.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Khristi Lauren...Wow! While I was searching for info on rocking horse in uk wood working I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for rocking horse in uk wood working. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about rocking horse in uk wood working.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home