The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Friday, February 11, 2005

Dad

whatever it was I went through
i just want you to know, I forgive you
spent my whole life blaming you
shaming you
defaming you
knew the fault
was in the vault of my heart
my vendetta the core
equating my issues with your
blissful ambush
that caught me off guard
producing a life plagued marred
with hate
no longer irate when Christ lit the lighter
igniting the forest fire of unconditional love
down on my knees
begging with pleas to forgive me
of my struggling disdain
you’re no longer the stain on my Egyptian sheets
starting a new trend
forgave you of sin
forgot that it all ever happened.
I no longer shame you.
blame or defame you
whatever it was i went through
i just want you to know, I forgive you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home