The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Legend Moves On

At a loss for words on this day that I have been informed that Tamara Braun will be exiting General Hospital. Since my schedule has kept me from my previous GH obsessions when I was 13, catching up on an episode has rather been more of a privilege for me. And truthfully from all of the ghastly character and plot changes over the years, if it weren't for actors to the likes of Tamara Braun and Maurice Bernard, I would have divorced myself from allegiance long ago. But alas, it was only two weeks ago that I conversed with my comrade about my marvel at Tamara Braun's acting abilities and talent. She is without a doubt one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite actress. We were expressing at how much star potential she has. My friend (who happens to be an accomplished actress herself) said that Tamara Braun has "Julia Roberts" potential. That she does. She came on the scene a few years ago, replacing another actress (Sarah Brown), who at the time had created this character named Carly and made it her own. We all thought that there was no way anyone could replace her when she left. We were wrong. In came Tamara, who struck many in the beginning as sort of an "over actor". But she had to prove herself, and since then she's taken the Carly character that Brown had created and made a Carly of her own. She beasts (a word I use when someone is completely amazing at what they do, outshining everyone around them) everyone on the set and finally...finally...there is someone in this world who can act in a scene with the great Maurice Bernard and hold their own. Tamara Braun is a class act. I've always thought that there was absolutely no way that much talent could stay hidden within the realms of a daytime soap. I knew that Hollywood had to someday be introduced to her talent on a large scale. I knew she had to go. I just didn't think it'd be so soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home