The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

been praying?

been praying for me have you?
pitying me
worrying about me
afraid that my decisions won't include you
wondering why my mind does not consume you
maybe my free will, will sway
maybe we'd marry one day
maybe all your prayers will prove
that all your sweat, blood and tears will move me
i'm not convinced
that your motives are so pure
nauseated by your constant lure
manipulations
fool
i will not be used
silently abused by your pseudo spiritual
spells from your inner sanctuary
expel me from your vocabulary
your heart is far from me
never came near me
never revered me, respected me
but rejected me when I finally stepped out on my own
so now you pray
hoping that one day I'll come around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home