The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Friday, April 29, 2005

A S H A M E D

**to the one who struggles, the one who cries, the one who shames and the one who hides.**

Is my living in vain?
Is my giving in vain?
Is my singing in vain?
Is my praying in vain?
You don't see my struggle.
You don't see my pain.
You don't know the years i've had to sustain
and maintain
my sanity
down on my knees begging the Father please
Please take this away!
you're ashamed?
so am I
the nights I had to cry
wondering why I caught the plague that God disdains
I
AM
ASHAMED!
"love the sinner, hate the sin"
i've heard that time and time again
from hypocrites that look like you
everybody plays the fool
when it comes to me
and my sexuality
blissful ignorance to my face
wondering if you should hate or embrace...
me.

4 Comments:

  • I am not really sure if this post was prose, or an outpouring of your heart. If was the latter, forgive yourself....God does, He sees your contrite heart, and honors that.

    "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9

    Peace.

    By Blogger A Heart of Worship, at 5:39 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger A Heart of Worship, at 5:39 PM  

  • thank you for those kind words. but no, twas not the latter, but rather the former of exactly to whom it was addressed. (as per the astericks located directly below the picture).

    By Blogger Khristi Lauren, at 6:35 PM  

  • That was a good one. I see it's not about you. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Blessings!
    Lambchop~

    By Blogger Chops, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home