The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

50 Confessions of a Not So Middle Aged Drama Queen

1. I am always up for a good challenge.
2. My name was supposed to be Khristina.
3. I’m glad that they changed their mind.
4. But the spelling they kept.
5. And then decided to name my cousin, Khrystina.
6. I was slightly offended by that at first...the similar spelling that is.
7. Does anyone know when the next live Mint Condition concert is?
8. I wait for the day when Prince knocks on my door to tell me about Jehovah’s Witnesses.
9. For 2 obvious reasons of course.
10. Yes, I have a strange infatuation with Prince.
11. But you’ll find that I’m not the only one.
12. I have "a way" with gay men.
13. Lack of Communication and Unresponsiveness are pet pieves.
14. I become very uncomfortable with Disorganization when it comes to business or ministry.
15. I try and stay away from movies like Purple Rain and the Mask of Zoro after 11pm.
16. Confidence will always win me over.
17. I can drink gallons of Revive Vitamin Water and Arizona Green Tea.
18. I’m attracted to dry humor.
19. I have a small crush on Mos Def, but he’s a 5%-er.
20. I am a serious extremist.
21. I hate the word “boyfriend”.
22. I am not easily impressed.
23. I put on one-man Fantasia and Stevie Wonder concerts to annoy my friends.
24. I have a tendency to take competitiveness to a whole other level.
25. I was once cornered by 5 K-9’s and simply prayed and told then to “go” and they left.
26. That’s a true story.
27. The devil really hates me.
28. I currently have 7 professional titles.
29. I very rarely wear flat shoes.
30. I really miss Virginia.
31. That’s where Titus made me laugh so hard, I almost got kicked out of job orientation.
32. He can really sing.
33. Will someone please leave me speechless?
34. except for whatshisname.
35. I am a sucker for an educated man.
36. But even more of a sucker for an educated man that loves God.
37. I hate excess grammatical errors.
38. I aspire to be a college professor,
39. and have a flourishing, edgy Christian Production Company,
40. and write a few books,
41. and maybe a few more plays,
42. and teach God’s word throughout the world,
43. and adopt a few kids,
44. and have a few of my own,
45. and I’ll be an excellent wife,
46. and maybe coach a girls basketball team.
47. Even though I can be indecisive
48. I’ve accomplished all but one thing that I had in my 3-year plan.
49. My degree is right around the corner.
50. I don’t know how the songbirds did 100 of these.

3 Comments:

  • Hey Khristi, thanks for the encouraging comments on my blog. You've definitely got some interesting writing as well!

    Blessings,
    Lon

    By Blogger Lon, at 10:39 PM  

  • Hey Khristi! Girl I dont know how we did 100 either! I'm glad you said something cause I was about to call you out and ask why you skimped and only did 50! LOL!

    PS I want to see Mint Condition in concert too!!! I have no clue when they're coming back around though :-(

    You were cornered by 5 dogs?? Oh NO! God is just tooooo good for words to express!

    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Blessings!
    Lambchop~

    By Blogger Chops, at 3:16 PM  

  • Great list, thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger B.E.G, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home