The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Friday, August 12, 2005

lactose intolerant huh?


have you ever just had one of those days? well that just so happens to be my today.

i decide to wake up this morning and start the week of fasting and committing myself to forgiving those with whom i have had some severed relationships or animosities towards. 1 person per day for all five days in the work week. As I continued through the day in prayer and fasting around 1pm, i began to notice something....today’s friday.

i was up for a good challenge today when i decided to have a non-english speaking lady trim my newly grown in hair. when i looked up from my magazine i stopped her just before she began to get creative. but sadly to say, my newly grown in hair is no longer.

one day. oh one day i’ll meet a man. and he won’t be 3-5 years younger than me. he won’t worship in the buddhist temple down the street from my church. he won’t be an undercover womanizer. he won’t look at me funny when i decide to turn to kenneth copeland on the television set. and least of all, he won’t be gay.

there’s got to be something on this planet that i can eat without me having to immediately grab a can of seltzer to prevent myself of writhing in agony for the next half hour. and if another person tries to tell me that i’m lactose intolerant. it’s like, every food can’t possibly include dairy in it. last night i had chicken and broccoli...i suppose the broccoli was cooked in milk.

and to top it all off, i have just about the worst case of writer’s blog that i can remember having since my earlier college days when iansweredthecall.com first began. i mean, i’m practically knocking on the door to princeton with my first excuse being “i’m sorry. i think i happened to have misplaced my brain.”

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I HAVE ALOT TO BE HAPPY ABOUT!
NEW SCHOOL.
NEW APARTMENT.
NEW JOB.
PRODUCTION COMPANY TAKING OFF...

i dunno. blame it on aunt flo i guess.

1 Comments:

  • I can appreciate your recent posts. For the first time, in a long time, since I have been watching you. You have opened up! What a beautiful thing.

    "one day. oh one day i’ll meet a man. and he won’t be 3-5 years younger than me. he won’t worship in the buddhist temple down the street from my church. he won’t be an undercover womanizer. he won’t look at me funny when i decide to turn to kenneth copeland on the television set. and least of all, he won’t be gay."

    Just know that someone who is not any of these things, although not all that he can be yet, has been and will be watching from a distant while staying close.

    You are an

    awesome,
    beautiful,
    creative,
    delightful,
    exciting,
    fly,
    godly,
    holy,
    inspiring,
    joyful,
    kind,
    loving,
    mature,
    nuturing,
    open,
    powerful,
    quaint,
    respectful,
    sexy,
    talented,
    unique
    virtuous,
    wise,
    X
    young,
    and zealous

    woman of God!

    Thanks for showing us all a little bit of who you are behind that gorgeous rich coco skin.



    Haven't we all had one of those days?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home