The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Panty Tales


Fearing that I may be the world’s only 24-year-old wearing cotton underwear too big for my bottom, Latosha and my very own mother are on a mission to change my “What’s the big deal?” attitude about underwear. Tosha, who is determined to throw away every piece of underwear in my drawer has made it her duty to give me undie pep talks every so often convincing me that red lace underneath my jeans will make me feel more of a woman than hot pink bloomer cotton. Mommy, who fears that this is all her fault, keeps me in mind every time she takes a trip to the mall and has picked up all sorts of interesting pieces, ranging anywhere from silk green polka dots to beige lace. Feeling awkward, every so often I take them out of the bag to look at them just to put them back in as they wait to make it to the “underwear drawer”.

When oh when will I try them out? And who oh who will witness their splendor? Should I show them to my boyfriend? Will that make me a sinner? Help me!

Will Khristi ever take her new panties out of the bag?
Will she ever try them on?
Will she ever be satisfied with only her opinion?
Check back in and find out what happened next time on…

The Panty Tales

5 Comments:

  • PLEASE DON'T show them to your boyfriend!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM  

  • I would say that showing him, is tempting him, which could lead to sin. I would ask my mother, why is she in my underwear drawer? She would ignore me and keep looking.:) I would care less about their opinion, and go for comfort. But that's me!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    By Blogger Seekingbetterlife, at 11:36 AM  

  • i'm such an underwear virgin. i don't think i realize how much more advanced people are in life than i am...i swear i didn't grow up sheltered, but sometimes i wonder...

    By Blogger Khristi Lauren, at 2:29 PM  

  • Oh come on! I love cotton underwears too. It's very hygienic for your information. Thus, there are still men who likes them. Believe me, it is not all that bad!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  

  • one... do not show to boyfriend!
    two... wear them for you... they will compliment that gear nicely and its nothing like cute panties... i'm a vickie secret junkie... going online and ordering is my weakness... but do it in ur own time and on ur terms... but there is nothing wrong with cotton --- although they only represent 10% of my underwear draw. vickie has cute cotton joints too.... have a peak :)

    Stay focused though... temptation is something else... thats why i do it for me.

    By Blogger lioness, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home