The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Monday, November 01, 2004

Once Upon a Dream

I had this dream once. I was staring out of this window and I saw these two children playing in the snow. The little girl was barely tall enough to stand in it and the little boy was making snowballs with his hands and throwing it at the white picket fence. Suddenly, I felt a soft hand touch my shoulder and I looked over and there was a woman smiling at me. She began looking out the window alongside me. As she leaned on my shoulder a gentle whiff of her hair smelled of roses. I began to feel warm inside and a sense of relief overshadowed me. Those were my children and this was my wife. But when I woke up…But when I woke up. I realized that the man in my life was the woman of my dreams. Conflicting with this logic of naturalism was a passion redefining magnetism. This man supposing to be this woman, smelling nothing like roses, but drawing me nearer, nearer to this place of abominable utopia. Chains of infatuation and sin of attraction, was this a nightmare concluding a long nights slumber? If so then someone wake me! Someone! Wake Me!

"Once Upon a Dream" by. Khristi L. Adams - Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home