The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I've Never Seen You in Heels?

My whole attitude of “nobody’s around and I aint doin nothin’ so I can look like a bum” has really got to stop as it is really getting out of control and tarnishing the well-put- together image and perception that I have of myself and thus, expect others to hold of me as well. Recently, when I decide to “dress-up” as others like to put it (yet in my eyes I’m looking quite normal for Khristi) I have gotten way too many suspicious comments like, “Wow, look at you all dressed up” and “I’ve never seen you in heels”. Whaaat? You’ve never seen me in heels? There was a time in my life when I never wore a flat. (not that there’s anything wrong with that) These suspicious comments are suspicious to me for the very reason that the words behind the words suggest that it is out of character for me to look this way. Hmmmm. Maybe it is as I sit in Starbucks with my way too big t-shirt and my way too big jeans with a fever blister on my bottom lip that threatens to take over my entire face. It’s time for some good ole fashion rummaging through the closet, a trip to #@$^%$ and ^#%%$^ (my secret village) for some last minute recovery maintenance. Ahhhhh, Starbucks. My sanctuary of self-reflection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home