The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Always a 3, Sometimes a 2, But Never a 1

Iverson always wanted to be a point. So I heard. He says that he’s the least selfish player. So I heard. But what happens when you mix one big ego with another big ego? It’s like a chemical combustion. Someone’s going to have to back down, or something’s going to blow. I’m not sure if newfound homie-G Carmelo Anthony can hold against veteran round the way boy Allen Iverson. A.I’s got about 8 years on Anthony. I mean, it was A.I. who started the whole braiding hair thing in the NBA. He’s quite the trend setter. And not to mention he has about a dozen more tattoos than Anthony as well. Hmmmm, do you think those things could mean something?…..probably not. But my point is this, if they want to form any sort of understanding and solidarity as a team, they should just give in and start calling A.I., Uncle Iverson. Let him have the ball and run the show.
He’s not quite Jason Kidd, but hey, who is?
He can feed the ball into the post and let Anthony stay down low.
He’s not quite Steve Nash, but hey, who is?
He can stay on the perimeter and only score when the balls kicked out.
He’s not quite Tony Parker, but hey, who is?
We’ll have to see how this whole thing works out because…I guess he’s just not quite a point guard, but hey, who is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home