The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sleepwalking

I’m having trouble sleeping. I keep thinking. Trying so hard to discover meaning in my emptiness. What is supposed to be a quiet threat
Is loud contemplation Loud Contemplation and I keep thinking trying to discover meaning in the emptiness

Convincing myself that maybe God’s just starting from scratch
Rebuking the enemy – Maybe it’s another one of his attacks
But then again maybe this feeling
Is just something that I lack
And my mind wants rest

But it can’t sleep
It’s trying to discover meaning through all of my thinking
Something that I do best
Thinking my way through all of life’s tests
I WISH!......................
I…pray
That God would just have his way
But I can’t let go
Of MY thinking
Of MY reasoning
It’ MY meaning!

1 Comments:

  • MY, MY, MY. It's not easy to let go of My. But I've learned that I can't hear Him when I'm holding on to My. So I just started a 40 Day fast to get closer to my Father. My main goal is to increase discipline, obedience and study to show myself approved. All the while decreasing this MY and focusing on HE. So far so good. He is definitely blessing me and teaching me new things. And it feels so good to hear His voice.

    Stay focused sis. He is more than able.

    By Blogger lioness, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home