The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Dear Mr. Tillman-Young, I feel you.


I just wish I knew what it was like for someone else to have emotional control over me. So much in fact that I'd be even the slightest bit tempted to bargain what it is that I know has given me (the desires of my heart), all for the low price of "God told me, you're supposed to". It just makes me so angry, you know? These manipulation tactics that we use. It's all so controlling. What it says is that I, being the prophet that God called me, can use magic powers to mysteriously persuade you to do what it is that I said that God said that you're supposed to do. How dare you, a mere layperson, deny the power of God through me, the prophet of God, by suggesting that you too, hear from the Almighty? I mean, you probably do hear through those trivial means like during a bible study.

It's not you Mr. Tillman-Young. It's not even your present condition, although it has motivated me to think and inspired me to write. No, it's the mindset that keeps the soldier of God unable to complete their assignment. The lure of an idea that there never was an assignment. Which is why there are no real revivals or any real miracles. Then the American missionaries walk the streets only to find themselves evangelizing to church rejects who are angry because somebody talked them into putting up their babies for adoption because they had your best interests at heart. It's a sad, sad thing. I can't let that happen to me Mr. Tillman-Young. I can't. I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home